July 2013 – present day – CMO at audioBoom
AudioBoom PLC is the leading spoken-word audio platform in the world, with 35m listeners a month.
As CMO I am in charge of all global marketing strategy, implementation and budgets (with a focus on UK, USA & Australia, developing into India and Spanish-language countries) in four strands: enterprise, SaaS, consumer and stock market.
This includes all paid, acquisition and retention marketing, brand awareness, social marketing, inbound marketing, plus PR (consumer, B2B and financial), organic and channel marketing:
- Positioning audioBoom as the leading platform for podcasters, broadcasters and organizations to host, distribute and monetize their spoken-word audio content (through brand & acquisition campaigns)
- Conceiving, implementing and analysing all global marketing campaigns against board-set KPIs (radio, digital, print, OOH etc)
- Creative direction (visual and audio branding and identity across all audioBoom products & messaging);
- Working alongside major talents (Russell Brand, Pixie Lott), third parties and agencies to create campaigns.
- Agency, social platform, account manager and advertising platform partnerships;
- Inbound marketing (content, consumer & stock market PR, social media, email, events, partner-campaigns, etc).
- Analysing daily reports of all campaigns and data (user data, listen data, sign ups, OPR/CTR, impressions and dwell data, conversion rates, churn rates etc.) and repositioning / optimising the campaigns and teams
- Daily liaising with UK, US and Indian Marketing Managers, Global Creative Manager, Global Social Media Manager and heads of other departments.
- Oversaw the relaunch of audioBoo into audioBoom, September 2014;
- Launched new audioBoom iOS and Android apps (2.4m app fresh) installs
- Launched The Russell Brand Podcast: an exclusive audioBoom-only podcast as a marketing acquisition product, with syndication with XFM (Global, UK) and Triple M (SCA, Australia)
- Grew registered users by 40% in year.
- Categories →