November 2008 – February 2010
- Created all social media and community engagement for ASOS.com from scratch;
- Developed and authored the social media strategy for ASOS.com, working with internal stakeholders, an external community platform provider, and an external moderation company;
- Ensured that social media would enhance the ASOS brand, as well as being legal and appropriate to its customers;
- Managed the launch of ASOS Life – the first fully-integrated community for a UK retailer – from wireframe and business case to launch;
- Managed the strategy and launch of all ASOS.com Twitter accounts, and encouraged 55 (10%) of workforce in ASOS HQ to join Twitter with ASOS_firstname usernames;
- Developed the conversation on the marketing Facebook page, involving the Customer Care team, who now respond to all queries on this and other social media properties;
- Managed the design and implementation of ASOS Life 2.0 six months after launch;
- Hired and trained the ASOS Community Team in nurturing and managing online communities.
- ASOS Life won ‘Best Use of User-Generated Content– at the Ecommerce Awards for Excellence 2009 – five months after launch.
- ASOS social media is regularly cited as best practice for a retailer using community engagement.
- Generated reportable revenue through referrals from UGC to ASOS.com, and trackable revenue through the use of affiliate IDs from staff-generated content to ASOS.com, proving social media has a financial return.
- Categories →